Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Secret Weapon of Coaching

It has long been said by many coaches that the secret to getting your coaching practice up and running is by public speaking. I would be surprised if any of you reading this have not heard this more than once. That said, does this mean that you can just go and and start speaking and see great results? Not always. If you are like me, I did terrible in my speech class in junior high. I shunned any chance of doing anything that came remotely to me speaking publicly. My shyness was an achilles heel, so to speak.

With some practice and training, though you can become a good speaker. Maybe not Les Brown good, but good enough to get paying clients through your talks. We all have to start somewhere. And, sometimes that is by giving free talks at community events and clubs, like Rotary, churches, and chamber of commerce gatherings. If you go to a networking event, the difference between success and failure is by how well you speak. Both individually and to a group.

After 2 years in a local Toastmasters club, I can now say that I am a proficient speaker. Crowds don't bother me, and I feel comfortable talking about any subject. Not everyone has the time to invest to make the transition to great speaker through the various public speaking programs that are out there.

I recently found an excellent free resource on Amazon Kindle that deals not only with public speaking, but impromptu public speaking. Look at my previous posts on Kindle books. You can open a free account, and receive free Kindle e-books, even if you do not own a Kindle reading device.

Magic of Impromptu Speaking: Create a Speech That Will Be Remembered for Years in Under 30 Seconds  by Andrii Sedniev

This is an excellent resource if you are new to public speaking. Reading a book like this and implementing the principles can take years off of the learning curve of public speaking.


Click here to get this book for free from Amazon Kindle.





If you are not utilizing public speaking to get new clients, you should be. This is a goldmine that many coaches refuse to go anywhere near. And, not all who do are good at it. Develop your speaking skills and you can be ahead of the competition.

If you have any questions, please contact me: info@100coachingtips.com

And, if you have not downloaded your free coaching tools, valued at over $1700, go to www.100coachingtips.com . After you sign up, go to the member's only tab and you can download from there.

The weekend is fast approaching. Let's make Friday count!

Wishing you More Clients, More Money, and More Life!

Respectfully yours,

Steve Davis