Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A new way of writing your to do list

Hello fellow coaches,

It looks like 6 more weeks of winter thanks to the groundhog. We will see. Sometimes when writing you about free coaching resources and tools, I come across a very interesting idea that is not even set up to become an evergreen business.

What I mean by this is, most free coaching tools and resources are meant to be a sales funnel builder that lets you get some free things and then if you like it, you buy more. I have come to expect this over the years. And, I will be the first to say that there is nothing wrong with the free items upfront to build a good relationship with someone that finds your website. But what I will share with you today is a free resource that has no backend "upsell" or free trial subscription. It is simply an idea that can be used to make your time more productive.

For many years now, I have gone from a "things to do" list and a journal, and swapped back and forth. As of this writing, I am using a daily gratitude journal, goal list for this year (broken down by months), a Sunday list (weekly to do list), a daily to do list, and a journal. Five different lists and journals that I refer to daily.

It is difficult to keep up with sometimes. Our lives keep getting busier, and it seems that time is moving faster. Is there a way to integrate these lists all together? Or, at least combine a few for simplicity sake?


Ryder Carroll, of New York City, has developed the Bullet Journal. It's his version of a to do list in a simple monthly and daily breakdown. He has refined this system over the last few years, and he is still improving it. What's even better, he created a website that shows how to use the bullet journal with videos, and it's absolutely free. He doesn't even sell journals! He recommends a few, but you have to go to the site of the manufacturer to find places to buy. It's incredible that someone takes this much care to create a system, and then share it with the world for free.



You can find this site here: http://www.bulletjournal.com/. Again, there is nothing to sign up for. No give me your contact info to see my free stuff. Just his idea with corresponding information to support it.

I have started implementing this in my daily to do lists and my Sunday list. I prefer to keep my gratitude journal and my other journals separate from this system. My lists are about productivity and my journals are about what I am experiencing. However, it is good to have a bullet journal to refer back to when journaling about a past event.

Give it a try and see if it helps you become more productive, or better yet, helps your clients.

Wishing you More Clients, More Money, and More Life!


Steve Davis
Co-Founder of 100 Coaching Tips
www.100coachingtips.com