Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Free e-book: Pinterest- Fun & Profit

Hello fellow coaches,

Sometimes the very thing I'm looking for falls into my lap, and even better, I can share it in this blog. That's what happened with today's Free Coaching Resource. I had put learning Pinterest on my to do list some time ago, but it was moved to the back burner. I had read one book on it, but it was entirely from a user perspective and not a business one. My teenage daughters use Pinterest, but purely from the standpoint of posting and sharing funny pictures. I was beginning to think that Pinterest is only for people to share recipes, pictures, and funny stories. There's nothing wrong with that, but if that were the case, I'd have no desire to join Pinterest.

Today on Book Gorilla, Lambert Klein's book "Pinterest For Beginners: Fun & Profit" was on the free Kindle book list. This is an excellent resource for learning Pinterest, and also finding out if it can benefit your coaching practice. I was surprised by some of the stats in this book:


  • 68.2% of Pinterest users are women (some sources say 87%)
  • 97% of Facebook fans of Pinterest are women
  • 28.1% of users on Pinterest have an annual household income of over $100,000 USD
  • 50% of Pinterest users have children

Now this is beginning to look appealing to me. Perhaps even another potential lead source. As I continued reading, there were even more interesting statistics, by way of age demographics:

  • ages 12-17         4.1%
  • ages 18-24        17.3%
  • ages 25-34        27.4%
  • ages 35-44        22.1%
  • ages 45-54        17.9%

Now the demographics are coming into sharper focus. This is definitely a viable social media network. But, how do you tap it? Fortunately, the author has an entire chapter of Marketing on Pinterest. Also, he does not sugar coat the statistics. Even though this is an incredibly qualified potential lead source, you cannot just go out like a spammer and see any lasting results.

According to Lambert, you have to recommend and suggest. That is even more effective if it is being done from a 3rd person party. Spammers will not do any good in the Pinterest universe. So, I had to ditch the idea of just running out and promoting every product and affiliate product I coud think of. Drats, spoiled again. Lol.

The most effective way to use Pinterest from a business standpoint is to utilize it to drive traffic to your blog. Other ways are: non-profits, freelancers, and authors promoting books. This narrows it down somewhat, but I think it still could be a benefit to life coaches.

The author even gives links to learn the more advanced Pinterest strategies.





Click here for this free coaching resource













Let me know if you are currently using Pinterest, and what kind of results you are getting. I have seen some coaches on Pinterest, both business coaches and life coaches.

Also, don't forget to download your free coaching resources from our site: www.100coachingtips.com. You can sign up at the site, or use the optin form at the top left of this blog.

If you wish to contact me, feel free to do so: steve@100coachingtips.com. I always enjoy talking with our blog readers.

Until next time, 100 Coaching Tips wishes you: More Clients, More Money, and More Life!

Respectfully yours,

Steve Davis